Monday, February 16, 2009

A Song for Sleeping (Revisited)

As I slept, you came to me in a dream. Your face was white with two all-knowing eyes. Your lips were red and cracked after a long day of solitude without water. In your hands you held the sun and the full moon. You gave me the moon while you cradled the sun within your arms; my heart burst. Then you threw the moon into the heavens. In your sorrow you sang this song to the pieces of my heart:


I see the moon,

The moon sees me.

The moon sees the somebody I wanna see.

God bless the moon,

God bless me.

God bless the somebody I wanna see.


With that you flew to the stars. You burn and will burn on and on through every morning and every day like fabulous yellow roman candles, but the moon will freeze every night, forever and always.

2 comments:

Drew Canning said...

I enjoyed the original.

Anonymous said...

This one's better because it's in English, God's preferred language.